Updated Photo's - Backyard Makeover Laurel Canyon

$8000
48 Months

before and after, labor of love - New Pic
Before - purchased my home in Oct 2007 a1937 cabin in Laurel Canyon. I didnt have the nerve to tackle the backyard until 2012. and here we are...
Before - purchased my home in Oct 2007 a1937 cabin in Laurel Canyon. I didnt have the nerve to tackle the backyard until 2012.  and here we are...
looking from top, the plants have not quite grown in and the border to the seating area is incomplete
Finished!
Finished!
with lights and finished the border, plants all growing in. some hits and misses. Tip: drive around your neighborhood and see what plants are thriving in your area.
with lights and finished the border, plants all growing in.  some hits and misses.  Tip: drive around your neighborhood and see what plants are thriving in your area.
morphed into a Ca. "english garden"
morphed into a Ca. "english garden"
2017 completely grown in

View into bathroom (this used to be an outhouse)
all these stepping stones I found stacked at the side of the house! i planted moss for a fairy-tail look
Princess Flowers - top of the garden and my favorite
NEW 2017: all filled in

Added front dining

• This is totally awesome! Great job and be very proud! I used to take Laurel Canyon years ago commuting between the Valley and Bev Hills. You have a beautiful piece of paradise. Enjoy!
  • Debra

Stacy-this is absolutely gorgeous! I love it all!! The last few weeks I have tackled my back yard. So far, I have cleared a 5x12 space, laid brick and pebble stones down and added potted mums, Mexican Blanket flowers and Oriental Lilies. I have really bad binding weed in my yard, so decided not to fight it anymore with plants in the ground and go with potted plants instead. I am curios about your retaining wall-did yo build that by youself also? I have another section to clear-about 10x20 -pebblestones are expensive-not sure if I should fill in with bricks or square paver stones. This area is directly outside my back door and am wanting an enclosed patio. Have any suggestions? I am retired and doing the work myself, so it needs to be low cost. Thanks!! Your space is my dream jumping board idea.