Trudy K
Trudy K
  • Odem, TX

Anybody know where a person could purchase a pre-made table/bench to go around a tree?

Christa TateKenny TornabeneElizabeth
+14

My husband says he could build one - but I would like to have it to enjoy before I get that old :)
Table around a tree with bench
Table around a tree with bench

I suspect it's something that's better custom made since there could be so much variation in the diameter of the tree that is being encircled. I also imagine that shipping for something like that would be killer!

• Designs by BSB

Ive never seen a table done, only benches. Pretty neat.. and big! Here is a set of plans you can buy if you want to DIY for a bench only: http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/store/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=31_MD_00612

• Diane M

brylane home has one in their catalog

• Kathy R

" I would like to have it to enjoy before I get that old :)" HAHAAAAAAAAA so funny !!!

• Sherrie S

Trudy, I agree with you but I don't know where you can find what you want. I looked for a bench set around my tiki umbrella and never found what I wanted. Instead I got a couple of benches with no tables from Lowes and am happy with them until I can find exactly what I want. May never happen.

• Carol N

I'm sure any lumber yard would have carpenters that they sell to, they probably could help you out.

• Diane B

Check Amazon or Gardeners Supply. If you can't find it in house, there are links that might help. Happy hunting, I'm sure it will be pretty. I have one in the process my self, hubby doing it. : )

• Carol M

Love your comment about enjoying before your old... My husband is the same, he starts something but never seems to finish a project.. lol

• Leona G

I have seen something like this at of all places a seed and food store. You never know where you might find something. Also there are several wood patterns for this and instead of waiting for hubby try your hand at making it. If nothing else it might motivate hubby into getting involved. Good luck.

• James Richards

That looks nice and all, but I would expect that you would find it soon to be a maintenance nightmare - constantly having to clean debris and droppings from on and under it, moss from the wood surfaces, etc... The cool, damp underside would be a dream home for many spiders and other picnic pests. Just a thought to consider before deciding on plunking down your extra change on one.

• Angelina Alvarez-Dodd

Huh, Sad that we have to think like that ,but it's true. Never seen that one before. Looks awesome. Good Luck with that.

• V Valencia

@Trudy K I had one of these year's ago. But I don't think we sealed it properly because the moisture got to it and it eventually weakened it. I purchased mine through one of the garden supply catalogs. But, unfortunately, I don't remember which one.

• Earvetta Davis

A few years ago I purchase 2 from Walmart......I think they still have them online only. the finish is not great!

• Anita Rehak

i have one. got it off craig's list for free. just had to go pick it up. thinking about measuring it and making up plans to build another one.

• Elizabeth

If you want to have a table made, go to Craigs List (on the computer.... www.CraigsList.com and check the categories in your area for skilled laborer and find someone that can make a table for you. You could advertise in the newspaper for someone to make one also.

• Kenny Tornabene

I found a good place to get wood projects done , is threw your local High School Most have a wood shop and would love to have a student take-on the project for you . The cost may vary but it most always is only the cost of the material needed .. I have had several things done threw them in the past 4 or 5 years .... Good Luck ...

• Christa Tate

l can build it