DIY Canopy

I made a simple but whimsical DIY canopy for my 2 year old daughter's room using supplies I already had on hand.
First, I gathered the needed supplies.
Then I sewed my pom pom trim to the curtains.
I removed the screw from the embroidery hoop and laced my curtains onto the outer hoop.
Next, I tied my twine on the inner hoop and this is what I will use to hang the canopy from the ceiling.
I then placed the inner hoop inside the outer hoop and tightened the screw. I threw an old stroller netting over the top and hung it from a hook I placed in my ceiling.
For now, there is a rocking chair under the canopy (because I have nowhere else to put it) but eventually when my daughter no longer wants to be rocked (tear tear), I will place some pillows on the floor under the canopy.
If you liked this project, head to the blog post for more details!

Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Tara Marie

• Marge Cadieux
    Marge Cadieux

have you tried doing this with bed sheets? Alot cheeper

• Fran2
    Fran2

I found a child’s size hoola hoop and have 2 gold color sheer swags that match my curtains. I plan on putting it over my full-size bed. Since the hoop is hot pink I’ll have to either paint it a matching color or cover with some fabric. Not sure which will be best. Any thoughts?

• Beth A Essington
    Beth A Essington

If I build that and put it in my room, I'm afraid I might never come out again!!!! It's absolutely adorable.

• Tammy Burns
    Tammy Burns

I love this for me and I’m 54 yrs old!! Love this it’s beautiful