Tara Marie
Tara Marie
  • Cottage Grove, WI

DIY Canopy

I made a simple but whimsical DIY canopy for my 2 year old daughter's room using supplies I already had on hand.
diy canopy, bedroom ideas, repurposing upcycling
First, I gathered the needed supplies.
Then I sewed my pom pom trim to the curtains.
I removed the screw from the embroidery hoop and laced my curtains onto the outer hoop.
Next, I tied my twine on the inner hoop and this is what I will use to hang the canopy from the ceiling.
I then placed the inner hoop inside the outer hoop and tightened the screw. I threw an old stroller netting over the top and hung it from a hook I placed in my ceiling.
For now, there is a rocking chair under the canopy (because I have nowhere else to put it) but eventually when my daughter no longer wants to be rocked (tear tear), I will place some pillows on the floor under the canopy.
If you liked this project, head to the blog post for more details!
Tara Marie

• Marge Cadieux

have you tried doing this with bed sheets? Alot cheeper

• Fran2

I found a child’s size hoola hoop and have 2 gold color sheer swags that match my curtains. I plan on putting it over my full-size bed. Since the hoop is hot pink I’ll have to either paint it a matching color or cover with some fabric. Not sure which will be best. Any thoughts?

• Beth A Essington

If I build that and put it in my room, I'm afraid I might never come out again!!!! It's absolutely adorable.

• Tammy Burns

I love this for me and I’m 54 yrs old!! Love this it’s beautiful