Pineapple Flower Pots

$10

Add a pop of color and sweetness to your summer with these pineapple flower pots!
Summer is right around the corner and it's time for some fun in the sun! This craft is so easy, even the kids can get involved. Let's get started!
Here's what you'll need:
Clay flower pots
Matte acrylic paints: yellow and black
Glossy acrylic glitter paint: yellow (optional)
Paint brushes
Potted plants or succulents.
Begin by painting your pots yellow. Give them a good 2-3 coats for the best color and coverage. I allowed my pots to dry in between coats to ensure I was covering the play pot completely
I then gave my pots another 2 coats of paint, using the glossy glitter paint. I loved the added shine and sparkle that it gave the pots.
Once the pots were completely dry, I grabbed my small brush and started making random little "V" shaped marks all around the pot.
After the pot was dry, I took one of the potted plants and squeezed around the outside of the plastic pot it came in, to loosen all the soil. I removed the plant and placed it into my new pineapple flower pot. I then used the remaining soil in the pot to fill up around the top of the pot and base of the plant. I cleaned my pot off and placed my new little pineapple flower pot out in the sun to catch some rays.
I hope you enjoy this summer craft! Visit the Blog for more on this project: http://www.timeoutwithmom.com/2016/05/pineapple-flower-pots.html

• Clay Pots  (Home Depot)
  • Assorted Acrylic Paints  (Walmart or Craft Store)
  • Paint Brushes  (Walmart or Craft Store)

Jessica

• Pat5226087

Where did you get that variety of sanseveria? I've been looking for golden hahnii for years

• Adoptadog

3 years later, here's the answer: Hirt"s gardens in Ohio, a small plant is only $4.99, but the shipping is $5.49. I got one at Walmart a year ago and they never had them again.

thank you for letting me know the name of it.

cathy

• Tess

Liked the yellow color. Did you really use that small brush to paint that pot or a larger ones? How many bottles of paint needed to paint that pot?