5 'EASY' Steps to a Garden Gate!

$20.00

Have you ever wanted to make a gate and were not sure how to go about making one? Well, hopefully this is your answer to starting one yourself.
Finished look of the gate I built.
Finished look of the gate I built.
Midway through the process!
Midway through the process!
Almost completed in 30 minutes.
Almost completed in 30 minutes.
Joy2Journey

• Looks nice. I do have a few tips for you. For outdoor projects a decay resistant wood (cedar, redwood, cypress or even white oak) or pressure treated lumber, if you are on a budget, are better choices. If a gate only has one brace, it works far better if it starts at the bottom on the hinge side and follows a diagonal line up to the top at the latch side. If the brace is run the wrong direction it will do little to prevent sagging. Also, one 2x4 brace is stronger than two 2x4's and if the 2x4 is on edge, rather than flat, it will be much stronger.

• Robert

I have made many gates and I have a tip. Your diagonal cross board is backward. the top should be on the latch side. Hinges will support the back but the front is swinging free so it need support, Try it. Push down on the latch side and you will see a slight sag