A Shabby Chic, Glam Little Girl's Bedroom Makeover in Pink & Gold

This month, I completed a really fun makeover for my 7 year old daughter - we gave her bedroom a blush pink, gold and white shabby chic look with a fun, glam twist! It was a lot of fun working with my daughter on designing her room. Let me show you what we did!
Here's what we started with. Little C chose this bright purple colour for her walls when she was four, and now she was ready for a totally new look.
Here's the after! Her room looks SO much different with a fresh coat of paint, a couple of new pieces of furniture and a lot of DIY projects.
We flipped her old bed and painted it metallic gold and blush pink to give it new life.
Behind the door, I hid some storage for all of her collectibles and I made a DIY art storage wall. You can find the tutorial for that on my blog.
The bedding was also handmade, and we kept everything soft and gorgeous in white, pink, and gold.
I even made her some fun artwork! You can find the free download for this on my blog post linked below.
I also included a lot of thrifted items that we painted and recovered to give the room a ton of personality. To see all of the DIYs and more photos, please visit my blog post.
Care for a video tour? I'm sharing some more details and kids room decorating ideas in this video!

Christina Dennis

• Nancy

The dresser and vanity are lovely. The room is a delightful improvement over the before picture. So soft and pretty and fit for a princess. Take a second look at your photos. Rethink the bed. Can the top part be removed? It detracts from the overall delicate, open and airy look.

• Christina Dennis

Thank you! My daughter really wanted to keep the bed as configured and paint it gold, so I conceded. :)

• Judy mooe

Was it a bunk bed originally?