DIY - Old Fashioned Tire Swing

If you have a large tree in your yard and some kids who enjoy swinging, here is a fun and relatively inexpensive project for you. All you need is an old tire which you can probably get for free from the local service station and a few pieces of hardware you can pick up at your local hardware store. You will need 3 zinc coated 1 inch link chains 4 1/2 ft long. You will also need 3 U-bolts (2 inch), one zinc coated quick connect and of course rope to hang the swing in a tree. For detailed instructions go to: http://livedan330.com/2013/06/18/2013617diy-old-fashioned-tire-swing/ and don't forget to follow me on Hometalk.
My grandkids love our tire swing. It is hung from a large oak tree on a hill so they get lots of height.
Here is the hardware you need. 3 two inch U-bolts, 3 four and a half foot long pieces of chain and a quick connect.
Placement of the swing is very important. Make sure there is plenty of room for those big circle swings.
Don't forget to run the chain through the U-bolt before attaching to the tire.
Push the U-bolt far enough down in the tire so that the threads don't show.
The finished product.

Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Everything Red For Canada Day
Dan330

• Kathleen

Nothing says good old-fashioned fun like a classic tire swing! After swinging, check out the children's book HIGH IN THE SKY about a young child's imaginative adventures - all while riding on a tire swing. Lots of swinging activities at the back of the book too! Ask for this title at your local library or order your own copy at www.skippingstonepress.net. Let your imagination soar!

• Princess

I'm so glad I ran across this, my brother hung me a tire swing that way when I was 13, it was so relaxing I would put my niece to sleep in it. I've always wanted one for my own children; my number 5 is almost 2 and this is a simple way to make my own tire swing. Not gonna lie I also want it for myself as well. ;)