Summer Lemon Wreath (with Lemon Scent)

$10

Spring is here, they said. The weather will be warm, they said. The sun will shine and flowers will bloom, they said. Clearly "they" have never lived in New England! So far it has been wet and chilly and nothing like a normal spring. In fact, "chilly" might be an understatement for the past couple of weeks, as I again started wearing my winter boots and at least 3 layers on top. I dream about hot summer days when I'll be able to put on my shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops and relax under the sun with a glass of homemade lemonade. That is my paradise. Meanwhile, Greg will be entirely out of his comfort zone, sweating like a fountain, cursing the heat and wishing there would be only two seasons: spring and fall. LOL. To make my summer dream even better, I decided to bring a little hint of summer in our home by making a Summer Lemon Wreath!
My wreath-making skills being what they are, I again chose something very easy. What I used for my wreath is a grapevine wreath form, a hot glue gun, a plastic boxwood garland, two baby's-breath picks from Dollar Store and two bags of mixed-size plastic lemons I got from Michaels.
Here is a little hint for you: Dollar Store also sell lemons, but the bags I got from Michaels were only $4 each, as they were on sale and had 12 lemons in a pack. So if you want to DiY a lemon wreath, you might want to check your local crafts store before buying them from Dollar Store. As my wreath form was another Put & Take find, I didn't have a choice in the color. It was a tad too light, and it wouldn't look good if I left it bare, so I decided to spray paint it with Rust Oleum Hunter Green. As you may guess this part is entirely optional, and if you have a darker color grapevine wreath form I would suggest you to skip this step as it would look more natural. Once the paint dried, I started cutting the garland into manageable sizes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that, the wreath was finished and I wanted to hang the wreath on the chalkboard part of our DiY command center. But I didn't want to use any ribbons or wreath hanger, as it would lose it full & lush look. Since our command center's chalkboard part is metal, by hot gluing bunch of magnets to the back of the wreath, I easily solved that problem.

And ta-daaa! Meet my lovely summer lemon wreath!
Looks pretty good, don't you think?
I can't believe how easy that was. Even for me! I also love the scent of it... so refreshing and uplifting!
"Those are plastic lemons! What scent?" you may think... and you might even think that I am losing it...which may happen in another 2 weeks if the weather stays chilly! :-) Anyway... back to the scent: you can see how I added the lemon scent on the blog post.

For more pictures and details on this wreath please click on the link below to see our blog post.

Handan, xo

• Greenery
  • Wreath form

Handan & Greg @ The Navage Patch

• Jemma Dee

Beautiful! I want to make one for my front door. Does anyone know if the hot glue will hold up to the heat between the front door and the storm door?

• None

Is Put and Take a store?

• It is indeed! I love our Put & Take. Whatever we can't use we drop it there for others and whatever others can't use they drop it there for people like us to find a use for it. Excellent way of sharing/recycling ;-)

• Judy H.

LOVE this wreath! Can you tell me the diameter of your wreath form? Thanks!