Garden Pepper Spray. An All Natural Alternative To Insecticides.

30-45 Minutes

I posted a question earlier about a problem I had with burnt/brown looking spots and holes in my red bell pepper plant's leaves. One response mentioned making an all natural alternative to insecticides. I decided to try this out and this is how I did it. ~Ben N.
1) We took some of our previously dried assorted peppers and crushed them up in a bag. Jalapeño, cayenne and other peppers.
2) After crushing up the peppers, dump them into a boiling pot of water.
3) After boiling the crushed up peppers for maybe 15-20 minutes, pour the solution into a bowl and strain out the crushed peppers. We used a paper towel because it was handy. Put it over the bowl and pour slowly.
4) A funnel makes pouring the pepper solution into the spray bottle much easier.
5) We added a few extra peppers into the bottle for good luck.
6) Finally, spray a test area before spraying the whole plant. We will keep you posted on how it works.
We took some of our previously dried assorted peppers and crushed them up in a bag. Jalapeño, cayenne and other peppers.
After crushing up the peppers, dump them into a boiling pot of water.
After boiling the crushed up peppers for maybe 15-20 minutes, pour the solution into a bowl and strain out the crushed peppers. We used a paper towel because it was handy. Put it over the bowl and pour slowly.
A funnel makes pouring the pepper solution into the spray bottle much easier.
We added a few extra peppers into the bottle for good luck.
Finally, spray a test area before spraying the whole plant. We will keep you posted on how it works.