Adrian Mullins
Adrian Mullins
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Asked on Jun 18, 2013

What Kind of Plant is This Weed or Something Else?

Kathy CIrish53Billie Veach
+3

what kind of plant is this weed or something else, gardening
  • Namaws

I saw this is my yard, at least the leaf looks identical, it gets a ball like thing on the end from the flower, they become these sticky hair like things that get all over you just walking by, Pull it

• Adrian Mullins

Which one the one on the left or the one on the right they are two different plants

• Adrian Mullins

which one are you talking about there are two different plants here the one on the left or the one on the right.............

• Billie Veach

It may be a streach but the one on the right looks like the shape and texture of a violet that is considered wild or at old farm houses and makes a nice border..this plant is usually shared amoung people, I don't ever remember seeing it in nurseries.. you do not mention if it flowers, how tall, or enough information to really identify.. I don't have a clue on the left one..If it blooms then you know it is a violet or not.. more information is needed..

• Irish53

Any plant that has red at the bottom of the stem or top of its root is a wild plant. My definition of a weed is anything you don't want growing in your garden that nature plants. The one on the right side of the screen is a wild flower in the violet family.

• Kathy C

The one on the right looks like the wild violets we have growing in Virginia.