Liz R
Liz R
  • Richmond Hill, GA

What is good for hard water stains on shower doors?

Diana DeileyKaye WatkinsPam
+8

• Linda R

I use Barkeepers Friend.

• Pam

You could try mixing half Dawn and half vinegar together anf spray. Leave on for about 10 minutes and rub with a rag or sponge and rinse. It also makes my fixtures shine like new.

• CLR is a good product to use. Wear gloves as it can burn your hands if they come in contact with the chemical for any length of time. You can find it in your local food store in the cleaning isle.

• Designs by BSB

Pam is spot on.. or shall I say off! Better results can be achieved by heaing up the vinegar in the microwave first, then add the Dawn (regular blue formula)

• Pam

Thanks Becky. It's also leaves my fixtures shiny as new and they are 26 years old.

• Suzie S

Hi Liz, I live in Az which is known for very hard water. As crazy as this sounds, I use furniture polish (orange or citrus) on my frosted glass shower doors. I just spray it on, let it sit for 10-15 minutes and wipe off with a clean rag/towel. Depending on how bad your hard water spots are, you may have to apply a second time. It works amazing....and smells good too.

• Liz R

Thank you so much for all the responses. I will use them and see which one works the best. Liz

• Pam

Once they are cleaned you can apply paste wax and buff and that will seal for a while and hlep keep the water stains from forming again. You have to reapply every month or so but it helps.

• Kaye Watkins

CLR works best but white vinegar works too.

• Diana Deiley

Try BarKeepers soft cleansing product. Wipe on with a soft kitchen sponge, rinse, clean as a whistle every time! No grit, no streaks. I also use this on my glass top stove. Easy peasy. :) Just love this stuff.