Removing Nasty Toilet Stains

$0

I'm about to completely embarrass myself here on Hometalk, but a little embarrassment can be good for us sometimes, right?... Keeps us humble. I'm actually going to show you pictures of the toilet we have down in our basement. This is seriously the grossest toilet ever... but I'm not just showing you the nasty stains, I'm also sharing how to easily remove them.
EEEK! So disgusting. I know what you're thinking... Why did you let your toilet ever get to this point??? Let me just say that this particular bathroom is in an unfinished basement (that's how our house came: completely unfinished basement with a finished bathroom... Why? I don't know). This bathroom NEVER gets used. We don't tend to lounge around on the concrete floor with our stud walls. But every once in awhile, I feel like I should clean the bathroom down there, and when I open the lid to the toilet, I get kinda queasy. I don't even know why that grossness builds up, but it does.
I start by cleaning the toilet with my DIY Toilet Bowl Cleaner. However, if you have these types of stains at your house, you KNOW toilet cleaners don't remove them.
Would you believe that one little tool got my toilet lookin' this clean?! For the full tutorial, click HERE.

Wanna try some DIY Toilet Bombs? Use the link below.

Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Erin

• Pam22348345
    Pam22348345

Are you aware that pumice scratches the porcelain finish on the toilet bowl and makes it more likely to get nasty buildup? I made the mistake of using one and had to replace the whole toilet after over a year of fighting permanent stain.
    • Bridgit
      Bridgit

I agree pumice will destroy the porcelain and mineral deposits are due to hard water I’ll try the denture tablets noted below

• Deborah Evelyn
    Deborah Evelyn

And the Pumice stone doesn't scratch the toilet bowl? I have the same problem....a toilet in the basement that isn't used often. I am guessing these stains come from hard water?? Anyway, I will await your reply before I give it a go. Thanks!
  • Rosie’s Mom
    Rosie’s Mom

What about colored fixtures? Will pumice scratch the finish?

• George
      George

I have a black TOTO toilet and sink in the powder room. Hard water scale starts highlighting in the bowl about every 3 months. Vinegar and bleach used separately, had no effect. I use a pumice stone to remove. The trick is to keep the paste wet while cleaning. Dip the stone in the water for about 10 seconds at start.