Neutral Master Bedroom

$500

I updated our plain master bedroom with a peaceful, neutral makeover. A white, gray, and tan color scheme peppered with some budget friendly finds made a big difference.
This comfy king bed is now the favorite place for family movies, snuggles...and yes jumping on the bed!
I created a DIY upholstered wingback headboard with nickel nailhead trim. We used a piece of plywood, then covered it with batting, then a neutral oatmeal colored linen blend fabric. We added nailhead trim to the outline of the bed. For the bedding, I had a friend sew me a bedskit using this $8/yard fabric. Then I used simple white sheets and white pompom bedding with a new gray throw.
I painted the walls a soft gray and left the existing fireplace white. We added a simple mantle using MDF material and off-the-shelf corbels from Home Depot. I also painted the grill of the fireplace black (the existing was an outdated brass). I then put three framed Ikea prints on the mantle. The dressers are leftovers from my husband's childhood bedroom!
For some budget friendly decorations, I started with this gray and ivory herringbone Target rug. I also added a tan Target bench to the end of the bed. Each white bedside table came from Walmart and has a Walmart pharmacy style light and bronze fan. I found these circle mirrors on the clearance end cap at Target for next to nothing. I hung them low over each bedside table. I replaced the existing fan with a new nickel chandelier from Home Depot. The simple white sailcloth curtains are also a Target find.
The BEFORE. The existing room was yellow with white carpeting and a plain fireplace. We did keep the carpet, but painted the walls and updated the fireplace. We also replaced the existing fan with a new chandelier.
THE BEFORE. I replaced the dingy curtains with crisp white ones. Simple tone-on-tone bedding and accessories helped us keep a calm, neutral look. I also changed the niche on the right hand side to a home office for my husband on a $257 makeover budget...check out that project here on HomeTalk as well!

18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Kristin @ Postbox Designs

• Rjl7148077
    Rjl7148077

What is the brand and name of the gray paint?

• Judith A Bailey
    Judith A Bailey

This is a great minimalistic look!

Do you have more specifics on your headboard creation?? I need a good DIY pattern & love the looks of this one!