Reclaimed Wood Planter

277K Views
Sometimes a unique kitchen catch all can be quite the farmhouse style with next to nothing for cost! Since I last posted this design, I was asked to give a tutorial. In doing so this time, I'm using reclaimed wood and not an actual cutting board. (Although one can be used!)
  • reclaimed wood planter, container gardening, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling
I started with a piece of wood from an old bookshelf I carted around for about 30 years. I traced a cutting board onto it. Slightly larger to accommodate the bowl I was attaching to it. Then cut the board with my band saw.
Then took a wooden bowl and cut it exactly in half with the chop saw.
By tracing the outline of the bowl halves in place, I could then mark for drill holes where I could attach them with wood screws from the back of the board.
Then, drilled the holes for the bowl parts, and for the handle for hanging.
I stained the reclaimed wood and attached the bowl halves with screws.
That's it! Ready to hang and use!
Great for kitchen gadgets or keys or succulents!
It's a cute planter.

Suggested materials for this project:

• Reclaimed wood board
  • Wooden bowl
  • Wood glue
Robin @ Redo It Yourself Inspirations