Fred P
Fred P
  • Willow Spring, NC

Gnat Repellent

Fred PMellie CDonna McCrummen
+9

I've developed an all natural gnat repellent that seems to work extremely well. I plan on selling it on the internet. I'm interested to know if this is a product that would be of interest to gardeners, golfers, hikers, fisherman/women, etc. I sold it last year at a local Ace Hardware and got favorable reports and repeat buyers.
  • HouseFixer.info

How do you purchase it? Do you have a website?

• Fred P

I have product at Hudson Hardware in Garner and Clayton and at Middle Creek Ace Hardware. Send me your address to fredpruden@yahoo.com and I'll send you a bottle to try. My website is sanitasmedical-us.com but haven't setup a way to order yet.

• HouseFixer.info

Thanks Fred. I would like a sample and may want to feature it on my own blog. I will email you my address. Thanks.

• Walter Reeves

You may or may not be breaking the law by selling such a product. If it contains certain chemicals, it must be registered with EPA and have a proper label attached. If it contains only substances that are Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS), you may be able to sell with less regulation. Here is a link www.nj.gov/dep/enforcement/pcp/bpo/min_risk.pdf

• Fred P

Gnats Away is all natural, no pesticides - no insecticides. Thanks for the warning.

• Walter Reeves

Still, if you state that it repels insects, it must have a proper label listing the ingredients.

• Fred P

It does, listed in order of ingredients.

• Donna McCrummen

What are the ingredients and how does it work?

• Fred P

There are two ingredients, one is an essential oil with an odor that repels gnats and the other is a basic oil used in cosmetics that is inert. There are no pesticides or insecticides.

• Mellie C

Where I live, I have all summer long, they are a pest! I think that would be a good idea, I know I would buy it. Living in Ariz.. with this hot weather, makes every kind of bug come out at day or night!

• Fred P

Millie, I will have the ability for you to order on line soon at www.sanitasmedical-us.com. I'm combining several websites into one. Check back by the end of June.

• Fred P

Ops. I meant by the end of May.