Why Use Roundup? Make Your Own Weed Killer

The next time you walk outside and see a garden bed full of weeds and reach for the Roundup, why not stop and ask yourself a question. “Why douse them with something that will remain in the soil for who knows how long?” Maybe you should reach for vinegar instead. Vinegar is cheap. It’s easy to use. White Vinegar Weed Killer is the way to go.
You can use either plain vinegar, or mix it with dawn dish washing soap and salt and pour into a spray bottle. Spray directly on the weeds on a hot day when it is not likely to rain.
For more details:
why use roundup make your own weed killer, gardening
Carol Speake - The Gardening Cook

• John blackman

once you have mixed the solution how much do you dilute it with water?

• Karen

Spray it neat kills weeds a treat:)

• Sandy

Will it harm the other plants and flowers that are close to them?

• Kate Baxter

Yes it is very powerful weed killer to be careful to spray it only where you want it. Easy way to do this is get some tubing(I use the paper ones inside of toilet rolls or paper towel rolls) Place it over the weed and then spray. Contains the spray but saves nearby plants.
  • A nnie Johnson

Vinegar weed killer

• Donella R

Will this kill grass also?

• Joy Green

I have found using the solution just kills grass and not the weeds!!!

• Jenny Stephens

I use diluted vinegar to wash down my entertainment area that gets mould over winter. I used it on my bamboo screens a few years ago and the mould has not come back. I t seems to kill the mould spores.