Kim C
Kim C
  • Queen Creek, AZ

Antique Shopping Etiquette

Have you ever wondered if it's ok to ask for a discount in an Antique Mall?, or are you someone who always asks for a discount? I use to be the former, now I'm the latter :-). With a lot of vacationing this time of year people are looking for cool finds in other parts of the Country so I thought it might help if I gave you the general rule of thumb for most antique stores/malls.
antique shopping etiquette, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
Kim C

• Leslie D

Most dealers in Antique Shops leave a standing "10% off is ok" order with the Mall (I used to be a dealer in a few malls). If there is one particular item you want, leave an offer with the front desk and they will get back with you with acceptance, or a counter-offer. I've gotten up to 50% off doing that.

• Cynthia

As a vendor I knew I my items could automatically be reduce 10% by the antique mall. It was part of the contract. However if someone was really interested I would be happy to haggle and help make a sale. Some vendors won't budge, but it doesn't hurt to ask or leave an offer.