Spring Flower Door Hanger - DIY for Cheap!

$10

This beautiful Spring Flower Door Hanger is the perfect way to welcome Spring and Summer!
Before...
Plain and boring...!
Visitors and those passing by will just love these bright colors. Having a welcoming door is the perfect way to spread happiness and cheer all around. This was a super easy craft that I made with the girls for less than $10.
I found the basket at Goodwill for just $2.99 and the rest at Dollar Tree. They have such a huge selection of silk flowers this time of year so the possibilities are endless.
I let the girls pick out the flowers and naturally they chose purple and pink as those are their favorite. We purchased 5 bunches of flowers and it seemed to be the perfect amount, thankfully.
I cut a foam circle in half just to give the flowers more of an arched effect. I am sure this can be done several different ways, depending on your preference. Since this was technically our first basket arrangement doing it this way was easier for us.
Start arranging the flowers as desired. We tried to mix ours up as much as possible without crowding them. Continue placing the silk flowers into the foam until arrangement appears full and appealing.
We glued a soft ribbon onto the middle of the basket with the hot glue gun just to give it an added touch.
To add fullness and to cover up the foam that still might show through, we hot glued moss to the exposed areas.
Look at it from all angles making sure the foam is completely covered. That's it! Now it's time to hang your beautiful creation for all to see.

Basket of choice. I found one with a flat back which is perfect for hanging on a...

Missi Perez

• Pat Higgins

How did you hang this ribbon from the top of door?

• Annie Doherty

Hi Missi your door hanger is beautiful, it looks really pretty against your black door thank you, The beauty of this basket is that you can change the flowers for different occasions and seasons, it us really clever thank you.

• Linda Burlingame

What's the color name of the door, please.

• Cindy spalsbury

It is about basket, but I like door also and wanted to know the color,black is striking !

• Linda Burlingame

What's the color name of the door, please. My friend said it was black but I thought a gray