Decor Beyond My Door

$20

After many long winter months of getting the house ready to list ( maybe ) in the spring, suddenly spring sprung, and this was my curb appeal.
Hmmm.....not so good on the other side of my door. So, I scraped, painted with Dulux floor and porch paint that I had left over and that alone was a big improvement.
I didn't intend to paint the risers but once you get paint on rough brick, you are commited. Then I started gathering up things, all kinds of things I had in the shed, basement and even a beat up old plastic table from a neighbours trash that I cleaned and painted and never did use. Anything I thought might be used on the porch. I added some paint, AS to the shutter, Rustolium spray to the chair, bought some plants and now I'm happy.
The $20 I spent was on the two plants, every other thing I already had. Super easy, cheap and it was fun as well. My favourite thing is the shutter. There is an iron plate rack on it, with a star off my fence, a welcome sign I bought at a thrift store and a silver wreath that I spayed cream like the chair and put some silk flower from a hat decoration. Now the porch has some curb appeal. I think I'm done but I spent last night on Pinterest looking up how to paint a rug on concrete, so you never know..........

• Cindy Wilcox

Does the painted surface get slippery when it rains?

• Dee B

Home Depot and Lowes sell an additive to paint that keeps the paint from being slippery when wet. It works. Be sure to follow the directions for correct amount. Too much and your paint peels.

• Peggy Hanson Higgins

How did you hang the shutter and numbers on the brick?

• Zcr2165892

What if you went ahead and paint that stone on each side of your door to match the porch stone. It would go well with the dark ocassional brick. Good job!!!

• Elizabeth Dion

I was thinking the same thing. For continuity I would paint each side where the lighter brick is showing with the grey paint. Just my opinion. Nice job!