Laurie B
Laurie B
  • Newaygo, MI

Any ideas as to how to spread lawn fertilizer w/o a spreader? small lawn space, tight budget.

Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.comLaurie BWalter Reeves
+1

• Sherrie S

Laurie B, I bought a little hand held spreader for small areas. Look at acehardware.com. It works. I used it for small places. I have 2 acres and this product is not for large areas but excellent for small areas.

• Walter Reeves

I use a little green Scotts spreader that I hold in one hand and crank with the other

• Laurie B

Thanks!! I so appreciate your ideas!!!

• Coffey can with holes punched in bottom. Fill put cap on. over holes. Once ready remove the lid and spread around by swinging the can from side to side. As your doing this bumping the can on the side of your other hand will allow greater amounts to be spread out of can as you move along. Or simply purchase a small hand held type that has a little crank handle like the organ grinder box used to have. I use one of these for my garden area and it works like a charm. Once done using I can wash it out with hose as its made entirely of plastic. Set it in sun and once dry its safe to put away until next time. These cost around $15-20.00