Climbing Rose and Clematis Combination

It is rose season at our house!
The pink climbing rose is blooming this week and oh, so fragrant. Last year I added a clematis to it, and this is the first year they have bloomed together. Clematis 'Madam Julia Correvon' is a beautiful red climber that we also have on a trellis by our Circle Lawn.
If you like this rose and clematis, you will also love our light pink rose bush and Clematis viticella 'Etoile Violette' in our Driveway Garden: http://www.hometalk.com/1639266/pink-rose-and-purple-clematis-combination-for-june
Clematis 'Madam Julia Correvon' and pink climbing rose.
This trellis disguises our trash can area, under a staircase. We pulled out one sidewalk paver to make room to plant the rose five years ago, and added Sedum 'Acre' to keep the weeds out. The clematis was planted last year. Both climbe
Besides mulching, I checked on the clematis stems earlier in the season to be sure they were climbing the right direction. This is a very low maintenance plant combination! Very worth trying if you have a rose bush or climber.
This rose is lovely, though hangs a bit too much for this trellis. I am thinking of moving it someday, as it would be perfect suspended over-head on a pergola. Its sweetly scented roses would fall right to your nose... bliss*
The late-day sun popped out from behind the clouds for this last photo!

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Julie @ Wife, Mother, Gardener