Diana K
Diana K
  • East Bend, NC

Before and after : canopy replaced w/ gazebo thanks to a sweet hubby

1 Month
Advanced

I painted the deck after scrubbing the house with clorox. I got a gazebo frame and patio furniture off freecycle. I made a canopy from unbleached canvas and tied left over quilting strips on for decoration. Total cost...just the clorox...(4 gallons). I did it all in 2 days :) It was a combination birthday/mother's day gift to myself. I'm thrilled with it. I am still finding little things to hang up in the gazebo for interest...but I love it <3 What do you think???
*****May thru June/2013 update: hubby transformed my canopy area into a full blown gazebo/screen house :) now even with my lupus, I can "get away" without having to go too far..**and he can still hear me if I need his help** .he is definitely the best hubby in the world AND he did it all (with our future son-in-laws help too).*****
my old deck
same deck...but my redo -paint & freecycle does wonders
NOW! My perfect birthday/mothers day 2013 gift from my hubby

• Rose Broadway

You and your husband did a great job with this make-over. I'll bet you really do enjoy it! Love the blue.
  • Fix32603427

Your deck gazebo looks beautiful and so peaceful. Your husband is a jewel and must love you very much to create your dream space for you. You're a lucky gal to have such a creative and talented husband.