Sunush
Sunush
  • Mesa, AZ
Asked on Jun 20, 2013

My pandora vine

April ES.venkatesanSunush
+8

My pandora vinee plant which I planted early spring flowered well for sometime. It looks wilted and has brown leaves and stems. Am I watering too much or does it need shade?
my pandora vine, gardening
  • 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

As I recall, it is pretty easy to over water it.

It wants sun, so I suspect Donna is right about the watering.

• Sunush

Thank you Donna and Douglas. I have cut down the water and hope it revives soon.

• April E

cutting back on the watering would be good but that not on how much you water but how often you water you need to water thoroughly less often also with you being in Arizona if you could give it a little shade in the afternoon it might be happier

• Sunush

Thanks April. I had it under the shade but it was still like this.

• S.venkatesan

It seems that some insects might have attaked the roots. now you mix some neem oil or powder in cold water and sprinkle it on the plant also pour some mixture in the ground some8'' apart and around theroot. The dry leaves to be plucked.

• Sunush

I don't believe I can find neem oil around here. I have since exchanged the plant for a mandavilla plant. Pandorea is not available around the summer. I will have to wait till spring.

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

Neem oil is usually available in your local Garden Center or home improvement stores. Or if you can't find it locally it is available on line as well.

• Sunush

Is it to be sprinked on all plants no more what?

• S.venkatesan

Yes, ofcourse, once in a month is advisable, since it is apest control measure.

• April E

actually the use of neem oil is called for in weekly intervals until the pests are gone but you still need to watch how often you are watering because as a professional that is what your issue is looking