Asked on Jun 20, 2013

I need help. How do you convert old fashioned drapery hooks for curtains with pleats into fitting a rod with rings. I ha

62q10370829Nancy KastDot D Collett
+8

The drapes are the best quality I have ever seen. I don't want to waste them.
q i need help how do you convert old fashioned drapery hooks for curtains with pleats, home maintenance repairs, how to, reupholster, window treatments
  • Yvonne F

Just hang the hook in the ring....Is that what you mean?????

• Cory Ahern

Well, the drapes 'should' be pleated with the hooks, so if you pull them out, the pleats smooth out - is that right? If so, take them out, and iron them flat - then attach your rings how you want them - i cheat, i use the cafe curtain rings - the ones with clips - makes for making super easy curtains!! Now, if you want the pleas, just stitch them together at the back, and attach the rings at that time, and the rings can be lower, making them not as visible.

• Judy

You can't just hang the hook in the ring...it will twist sideways. If you've been using the hooks pictured you have sewn in pleats right? What is the white plastic thing & how does it work? Does your curtain rod have a wand or cord used to open & close the drapes or is it just a round rod? I've never seen the type of rings in the pic. Most curtain rings have either another ring to hang the hook in or a clip hanging from them. More information needed......

• Judy

@Catherine Marie Um....no. I don't see any reason why you couldn't use the pull cord to open & close the drapes. There are so many different systems for hanging curtains or drapes & I don't know what your hardware looks like so it's difficult to advise. If it's the type that the rings are attached to the rod & move back & forth when you pull the cord then the rings usually have a tab on the bottom with a hole for the curtain hook to hook into.

• Shirley Kalinosky

I have four panels that just slide on a rod to put in our new bedroom and the bedroom has the pull rods. I plan on getting the kind of rings that have the 'pinchy end' on them. That way I will be able to use the panels. They cost a fortune so I don't want to cut them or if I would try to sew them, it would put holes in the fabric.

• Nana101

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rod-Desyne-66-in-120-in-Silver-Armor-Adjustable-Baton-Draw-Track-Curtain-Rod-Set-CT66120-15/204644124 You can use this rod system, placing the hook in the pleat anywhere you like to either hide the rod or expose it.

• Dot D Collett

Use the hooks to pleat, use the the rings with the "pinchey end", and connect the two with another smaller ring / paper clip. If you can't find the right size, make your own using heavy copper wire. Need snips, pliers and form the right right size to roll the wire around.

• Nancy Kast

I have those pin things for pleated drapes I don't seem to understand how you put the rings and pins together???

• 62q10370829

the plastic hooks goes up into pleat and ring goes into the short end and it goes onto plain rod don't use the pointy hook as they put holes in your drapes they have a better hook that is about 2 1/--3 in long that slips up between pleats that has rounded ends and no holes in drapes. look at walmart for hooks. they hold weight well.