Ivylore
Ivylore
  • Trenton, MI
Asked on Jun 20, 2013

Is this a "good plant"? Can you identify it?

Kathryn MatsonRos8225889Sunush
+5

This plant grows in mounds- pretty green leaves, not sure if it has flowers- sprouting up all over the back.
lots of green leaves growing in a mound- it might give tiny purple flowers if I remember right
  • Polly

violets

• Sunush

Violets--i just came home from buying it for a shade area in my yard.

• Ivylore

Oh, cool! Thank you! I was not looking forward to pulling them all out :) and they are very pretty!

• Carol S

Yes - they are violets - they grow wild here in RI - I let them grow because they are pretty in the spring, White to purple flowers all over our yard. Good luck, if you plan on trying to control them in a garden.

• Ivylore

Oh-oh!

• Sunush

Might be a good ground cover

• Ros8225889

Wild violets, and they will grow anywhere, shade or in your veggie garden in bright sun....lovely flowers, pretty blooms, but spread like wildfires!!!! I live in Alabama and have them everywhere. Rosie

• Kathryn Matson

These are from the Viola family and produce beautiful blue or purple flowers. Why would you want to pull them. They take up little space.