Laura, Pet Scribbles
Laura, Pet Scribbles
  • Little Egg Harbor, NJ

How To Etch Glass: Lace Design on Glass Paperweight

Where have I been? Either outside gardening and getting our yard in order, or inside playing with my newest favorite product: Glass Etching Cream, from Martha Stewart Crafts. I've been having so much fun trying out this cream on different glass pieces, including an idea that I wanted to try out. It worked, and it turned out exactly as I had envisioned, which is always "a good thing" as Martha would say! Complete tutorial can be found by clicking on my blog link. This is an easy DIY gift idea! Try it!
I was able to make a lace design on the paperweight with a large stencil and glass etching cream.
I love how the lace design looks! To show it off more, you could put black cardstock or fabric behind it.
After properly preparing the glass, I adhered the stencil and globbed on the cream.
In the meantime, I put together my antique key die cut with pretty aqua glitter paper.
In the sunlight, the glitter paper provides a subtle sparkle underneath the lace design

Laura, Pet Scribbles

• Deezie

I really have always wanted to try etching cream. Your project is beautiful and extremely creative. Love it

• Monique Clouatre

Hello, I would like to etch a glass on a table, but would be impossible to bring it under water to remove the cream. Any ideas, thanks, Monique