Susan Ziemak
Susan Ziemak
  • Wellsboro, PA
Asked on Jun 21, 2013

Curtains -.

Rana SalehSusan ZiemakCyndi Moore Tippett
+3

I have a huge family room with 6 double hung window and a French door on either side of the room. Do all windows have to be the same color?
  • Cynthia

I would think all of them being the same color would make the view flow seamlessly. I imagine a print that matches the other color might work, but honestly never seen it done.

• Rana Saleh

I think you need to paint all the windows white, and you can have glass drawing on door glass on both sides. This will give you more space and a touch of art to the room

• Cyndi Moore Tippett

no, especially when you have a french door. I have put complimentary fabric on the door with a Roman Shade and then put valances on the windows using another fabric. for example: a flowery fabric on the valances with striped piping and then the roman shade with striped fabric with the flowery fabric used as a accent such as a box pleat at the bottom. They don't have to be the same fabric, but at least a complimentary color and combination.

• Susan Ziemak

i luv all of your input! thank u!!!!!

• Susan Ziemak

Rana - can u do the drawing??????? I can not draw or paint unless it's a flat wall lololol!!!!

• Rana Saleh

Dear Susan, try a simple drawing. Like flowers, and leaves. I always draw on glass, you can have your own unique touch with line, or what so ever. So don't hesitate and try. Good luck