Plastic Dollar Store Bins Turned Faux Metal Storage

$4

I started a series over on my blog called the $100 Room Challenge in September 2015. I give myself one month, and $100 to completely transform a space. (You can learn more about the $100 Room Challenge, and find links to all my $100 Room Reveals, HERE). You do not need a big budget to make major changes, but you do need to get creative and think outside the box. In February 2016, I took on my coat closet (and redid the whole thing for a mere $46). However, when working with a limited budget, you have to get creative, so here's what I did with a few bins I found at the dollar store.
My family used to store all our winter gear in an old, sage green, wicker basket. The problems were. 1.) it was falling apart, and 2.), it didn't really go with "the look" I was trying to create. I headed to the dollar store and found these bright blue bins, but bright blue wasn't really what I was going for either...
so I grabbed some spray paint and got to work.
I had a couple chalkboard/wooden tags (6 for $1) and simply labeled them with a chalk pen. I kid you not, people have complimented my "metal bins" and are shocked when I say they're just plastic. (Most go touch them to make sure I'm telling the truth :) ) To see the full tutorial and the end result, click HERE.

This is not my first Dollar Store Bin Transformation. I redid all our pantry storage for $35. You can read all about it using the link below.

15 Memorial Day Crafts
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Erin