Classic Cottage Bedroom Makeover (on a Budget)

Hello Friends. today I decided it was finally time to share some updated pictures with you--so I bought some fresh flowers for this room ....and here we go. It feels like it's been forever since I started working on this project.
My goal was a complete classic cottage makeover on a budget. First let me give you an update on a few of my decisions. Remember these two sets of mirrored doors that almost spanned the entire length of our 18 foot wall? The mirrors were the first thing you saw when you entered the room.
And now....this is what you see when you step in the room:
Ok. so what happened to those sliding mirrored doors?
Well, after a lot of agonizing and googling ideas on updating mirrored closet doors with wood trim and paint I followed my heart. Once they were removed I just didn't have the energy to update them because the truth is, I just didn't want mirrored doors in this room.
And since we plan on consolidating these two small closets for one large walk-in at a later date...why not get rid of them now?
So once I framed out the closet openings I headed to Ikea where I bought two sets of white wood rods and white linen curtains.
And I have to say, once I cut the rods to size and put up the curtains it completely changed the entire vibe in this room.
Or has the hubby says, "it feels more beachy in here now."
Tackling this room on a budget meant lots of painting. This included repainting both nightstands in SW Downing Sand and SW Dover White.
This is our TV wall right after I painted it in Farrell and Ball's Wimborne White. Notice the dark wood dresser.
And here's the AFTER picture.
I painted this dresser in SW's Dorian Gray and replaced the hardware for an updated look. These matching lamps were previously on the bedside tables but I replaced them with new lighting fixtures when I made the monogrammed headboard.
So far these Pottery Barn wall sconces are perfect for reading in bed.
I made this new shelf using simple wood brackets and a ten inch wide plank from Home Depot that I caulked and painted in bright white. I think it adds interest and symmetry to an otherwise blah wall.
Notice those TV wire? They're (mostly) gone now.
Underneath the TV is a wood tray that hides the remote and TV receiver. My original wish for this wall was No Wires Showing, I wanted all the wires to run behind the wall and even bought a kit from Lowe's that made cutting the holes easy (although we really didn't need it)
running the wires in the wall
but once we ran the main wire behind the wall I realized I still had this one receiver wire that would be visible! I was bummed but I put it inside one of those plastic covers--painted the same color as the wall--and accepted it.
For more photos and the links on how I finished this room plus a breakdown of costs please stop by my blog and finish this post.
Thanks for following along. I always appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Everything Red For Canada Day
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Leslie H

• Gayle

It looks lovely! I have the same closet set up and would like to know how and when you plan to convert the two closets into one walk in. That would be great!

• Ann

I have similar closets. I took the rod down and had shelves added on one end of the closet, then a single rod for long clothes in front of the shelves. It's easy to push the clothes to the side to reach the seasonal things. On the opposite side I had double rods installed. I now have a walk in closet!

• Rita brodniak

Did you buy the ship lap as is?

• Sue Laswell

I have another question. Did you make your headboard and how?

• Melissa Eskins

Where do you buy shiplap and are the boards all the same length? How do I install?