Tamara C
Tamara C
  • Yulee, FL

I'm looking for sliding door hardware, for 2 doors in a bedroom. Sliders like you would find on a barn door.

Donna GJoanne CMelissa K
+5

a little more modern, but the same idea as a barn door. The only ones I can find are $300.00 and up way too expensive. You guys are so clever any ideas?
  • Designs by BSB

I dont know how modern they get, but I have bought from this company several times - they are often the suppliers to other online retainers! http://johnsonhardware.com/ From my experiences, modern equates to more visual mechanisms, so the price goes up. $300 for an exposed system is very reasonable from what I have learned. Its not hard to spend $1k !

• Therese C

It's not the barn door style, but I have used a Shoji door style of slides and they work really well. That is to put 1/2"-1" thick strips of wood at the top & bottom of door way spaced the thickness of the door plus 1/8" extra between the slides. This requires three strips top and bottom creating a space for each door to slide past the other. This is a very cheap fix that serves very well. I spent less than $10 per door way. Just requires the wood and nails or screws.

• Jeanette S

Here's a hint...if you go for the wood slide, keep in mind that rubbing a bar of soap inside the track will make for an easy slide. This can be used to make wooden drawers in old pieces of furniture open and close easier. These are concealed areas so there is no problem with a little residue.

• Custom Interiors

We have a great farm/ranch store called Tractor Supply. Find one or own like it and they should have the sliders in different sizes.

• Melissa K

Another good idea for those odd-sized closet doors. My granny too.

• Joanne C

I created a slide on a bathroom door in my new apartment. I used the slide intended for cabinet pull draws. works great

• Donna G

Go to your local farm and feed store. The have the rails and runners for you for about 80.00 for the rail and 70.00 for the runners.