Faucet Handle Cleanup-Suggestions for Hardwater Deposits?

I installed this oil-rubbed bronze Delta faucet 3 years ago and it has hard water deposits on it. I was going to remove it and soak it in a bath of white vinegar to remove the residue. But does anyone have a better suggestion or encountered the same problem. Thanks everyone. www.homerepairtutor.com
Oil Rubbed Bronze faucet by Delta with hard water deposits.
White Vinegar for cleanup or not?

• Duana Pallen

doesn't lime away take off the finish?

• Karen S Campbell

My issue is not hard water. Have a softener, etc. However, I have silica, which appears like white hard water build up. Have tried the salt, salt & vinegar, flour paste. Nothing seems to remove it. Scrubbed so much, I removed some of the finish! I have been able to maintain my faucets, but the ugly build up is the oil rubbed bronze sink stopper. The round piece that holds the water in the sink. Help?

• Tammy Horine Victoria

My oil bronze turned white and some parts bright orange from the vinegar, what should i do?

• Mary Rekoske

We have the exact same problem with the exact same Delta faucet that is also about the same age -- but we have soft water. Vinegar removes the deposit - but it comes back in a few weeks. I think there is some corrosion problem occurring -- probably something about the materials used in this faucet. Looking closer, I can see that metal is being removed. I's suggest you call Delta and complain -- like I'm going to do.