Jeanette S
Jeanette S
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Atlanta, GA

Garden Oasis on Porch!

Having suffered droughts for the past several years in Atlanta, I found a better way to have a garden...bring the color and flowers to my front porch! Old furniture, flower pots, birdhouses and faded garden items were painted with beautiful pots of flower added. Faded became fabulous!
The faded porch that needed attention!
The faded porch that needed attention!
Added color and plants and it is now fabulous!

• Jeanette S

Lolly Jane, this was old furniture and it was so simple to create. In fact, everything is old but repainted, even the flower pots. We had a ball picking colors. Here is a photo of my plants in pots painted to match. Some of the plantings were cooked by the heat so this is the second planting in many of them! There was finally rain and some of the dirt has splashed out and made a mess.

garden oasis on porch, outdoor furniture, outdoor living, porches
  • Phyllis

you did a dynamite job; love the seating arrangement; much better; doesnt look like ev.one is watching a movie in the front row; great happy look

• Jeanette S

@Phyllis Thanks! Actually I had been so busy in the yard that I just neglected the porch. We use our back screen porch more because it is always in the shade. Then it just dawned on me that this space was ugly and I needed to do something! HA!