Joann
Joann
  • Galt, CA
Asked on Jun 22, 2013

Painting the living room

JoannCyndi Moore TippettKMS Woodworks

We are going to paint, SOON, my question is we want a accent wall, a bold pop of color, the problem is our carpeting is dark hunter green, what can we paint the accent wall? Thanks Joann
  • KMS Woodworks

What color are you planing to paint the rest of the room...colors should be selected as a whole which will also work with your furniture and other items ( curtains etc).

• Cyndi Moore Tippett

I assume your other parts (furniture, wall color, curtains and accents) go with the green carpet. I would start by looking at what is in the room now and she if your "pop" of color is already there, OR pick a color that will go with everything. If you are just using the carpet as a guide try orange, yellow or a pretty shade of light green (lime, apple, etc.)

• Joann

Hi Cyndi, I was also thinking along those lines, as it is now, there is no other pop of color.