How to Make the Easiest Canada Day Wreath Ever!

$20.00

I was admiring all of the 4th of July wreaths on Hometalk and inspiration struck. I decided I wanted to make one for Canada Day. I had an idea in mind, but after wandering through Dollar Tree and coming across some artificial carnations in Canada's favourite colours (notice the Canadian spelling here), I decided to expand on my original design.
I started with a 12 inch foam wreath, one bolt each of red and white 6 inch wide tulle, about 4 bunches each of red and white carnations, and a sheet of craft foam to cut some embellishments with my Cricut machine.
I cut each of the bundles of flowers down to a 2 inch stem.
This is the perfect length to push into the foam wreath and have it secure without the need of gluing. Although, I may go back and glue them if I decide to hang the wreath on the outside of my front door.
I cut all the flowers first, and then cut the tulle into 18 inch lengths.
Starting on one end, I double knotted a red piece of tulle and then directly across from it I tied a white piece. This helps to make sure the sides are even.
I then just filled the rest in. They're tied about 1/2 inch apart.
I used all of the tulle to complete this project.
Once all of the tulle was tied on, I took my flowers, and starting on the side of the wreath, I pushed the stems into the foam wreath form.
I then did a second row going straight down on the face of the wreath.
I cut several maple leaf shapes in 1 inch and 1 1/2 inch sizes with my Cricut cutting machine.
I laid out the maple leafs on the white side of the wreath until I liked the look of it, and then I used a glue gun to affix them.
Attach a ribbon to hang the wreath and you're all done! In all the project only took 2 hours to complete. I've since made 2 more for friends!

• 12 inch foam wreath  (Michaels Arts & Crafts)
  • Red & White bolts of Tulle 6 inches wide  (Michaels Arts & Crafts)
  • Red & White Silk Carnations - about 4 bunches each  (Dollar Tree)

25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Everything Red For Canada Day
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous

• Beverly Parks

The tulle strips appear shorter on the final photo. Did you trim them after putting the flowers on?

• Kim Robinson

Do you know how I could get the maple leafs I have a CRICUT machine but my computer is not compatible for it, it's too old, can I buy them some where do you know??? Anything would be helpful or I'll be tracing and cutting. Ugghh

• Kathleen

Glitter hearts from Dollar tree would work for Valentine day.

• Phyllis

I love your wreath. It's gorgeous! While I'm not Canadian, I have Canadian cousins and spent 2 years in Saskatchewan so I have a love for all things Canadian.