Sandra Crosbie
Sandra Crosbie
  • Ireland

Bench for Phil Lil and Pip.

I wanted to make a bench for my three little grandchildren. We affectionately call Kaiden and Caitlin Phil and Lil from the Rugrats. And the youngest one we call Pip. His actual name is Rian. But we call him Pip since he was born because he was tiny.
Anyway I wanted to try making a bench for them. I had a pallet in good shape.
The pallet
The pallet
I had an idea in my head as to how I was going to make it. I cut two sections of three planks. Then I stood scratching my head thinking how I was going to do this.
Sanded and clean.
Sanded and clean.
I then added three long pieces to the back of the bench. I used two shorter ones to put on the front.
Trying to get the legs even.
Trying to get the legs even.
I used wood screws to put the legs on. It was easy to put together. The hard bit was trying to make the images I had in my head come together in reality.
I added arm rests and a center leg to give it some strength.
bench for phil lil and pip , outdoor furniture, woodworking projects
I stained it to give it a bit of colour. I made sure there was no rough pieces, don't want to give them splinters. I'm happy enough with how it turned out. I'm proud that I gave it a try. I'm never going to be a Master craftsman, but I really enjoy making things.
Pip trying it out.
Pip trying it out.
Pip is delighted. He was the first to try it for size. He is saying cheese.
He's had enough of this sitting down stuff.
That's it my first attempt at making a bench. Maybe I will come up with something new to make this week. Watch this space.

• Pallet  (Free)
  • Screws, L brackets  (Local hardware.)

• Sandra Crosbie

Thank you. He sure is adorable.

• A Crafty Mix - Michelle

Stunning Sandra. I love it when us "old" girls figure out "we can do it". I'm definitely going to be watching this space and Pip is adorable.

• Sandra Crosbie

Thank you. I love trying new things . I actually do something creative most days. I don't always post them, but I feel I need to do stuff to keep my brain sane. When we figure it out, thats what makes us happy.