Building Moxie
Building Moxie
  • Baltimore, MD

Installing a Bathroom Vanity :: the 4 Basic Steps

On behalf of our blog I had the opportunity to work with someone in my community. This Vanity Combo finished a nice small bathroom remodel. If you are interested, here's the post (with Video). cheers. jb @BuildingMoxie
cleaning the closet drain with bleach
cleaning the closet drain with bleach
final touch ups around the vanity
final touch ups around the vanity
baseboard coped to the vanity's leg
baseboard coped to the vanity's leg
vanity combo with black hardware continues to trend
small bathroom remodel
small bathroom remodel
Building Moxie

• Rhonda G

We've remodeled the lower bath and are now finishing up the upper bath. I told my h to put bleach down the closet but he seemed to think it was unnecessary. We've replace drywall, added pot lights and new sconces, new flooring, new mirror, vanity,sink, and custom granite countertop. The lav is staying and so it the tub for now. We just retiled the bath/shower area almost 2 years ago. We had a chimeny chase which we converted into a floor to ceiling cupboard between the vanity and lav. It was an eye-opener tearing dry-wall out...loose, unused boards, things the contractors left behind. I also started out with brushed nickel fixtures...but decided I liked the look of Tuscan oil-rubbed bronze much better. We were able to change out the sink fixtures but the shower ones were being used already. The fixtures on the vanity were brushed nickel, so I bought a can of copper paint and one of rubbed bronze paint and will paint them to match the other components. Thanks for your video!

• Building Moxie

hi Rhonda, I'd suggest that it is both unnecessary and probably something that environmental me should feel guilty about. We used a solution and flushed the closet drain (you could see visibly that it needed it) -- a splash of bleach in the image used as good measure and included not so much as part of a tutorial, but simply because I liked the composition of the photo (hey, even the blind man . . .)