I Took a Scrap Piece of Wood and Made Magic Happen! #SPiTchallenge

Using Unicorn SPiT I created a vibrant painting and made it glow in the dark!
My Unicorn SPiT and supplies
I started by digging in my scrap wood bin and found the perfect piece for what was churning in my head. I used Unicorn SPiT (my favorite medium!). Unicorn SPiT can be diluted to make it go way further then what's in the bottles. I bought some cheap little bottles to get the consistency I wanted for this painting. You also can use little cups (I use medicine cups) for making your own consistency's as well.
Makin the magic happen!
I used Zia Teal, White Ning, Blue Thunder, Weathered Daydream, and Midnight Blackness for my colors. I dripped/squirted the colors how I wanted them on the piece of wood around my "moon" which I use a paper plate for (I can't for the life of me paint a nice circle on my own!)
The fun sloppy part!
I spread out my colors with my fingers, palms and/or hands (you can use brushes or wear gloves if you wish as well, I like to be messy :) ). If you want more of a certain color added, it's very easy to do at anytime during the painting. As my mentor Michelle always says..... "There are no mistakes or errors with SPiT!" When the painting is dry (doesn't take long at all) I then add my moon, tree, hills, etc. with a small brush.
Getting ready for the "Glow"!!
When I'm satisfied with my finished painting I use a glow powder and mix it with a two part epoxy for making my vibrant painting come alive at night! I get my Epoxy ready and put down some wax paper, I then put a small dollop of glow powder on my wax paper and add a dollop of the mixed epoxy and stir them together REALLY well. Then I take a small brush (cheap one due to epoxy will ruin it) and I brush on the mixed glow powder where I want my highlights for the nighttime glow effect.
The end result.... part 1!
As you can see Unicorn SPiT is fabulously vibrant and colorful (I LOVE color!!). This is the daytime result.
The glow!
This is what happens when the lights are out, woot!
The very finished product... sealed with a brush on Poly. Once you seal a SPiT project the creation comes ALIVE.

• Unicorn SPiT  (Unicornspit.com)
  • Scrap wood, glow powder

• Josi Thomas

This is one of my Favorites for sure. Where do you find the glow in the dark powder?

• Kristie

@Josi Thomas Thank you Josi! You can get the powder on Amazon or Ebay. :)

• Flo

When you painted in the moon and the tree did you use acrylic paint or unicorn spit?

• Melissa Payne

What did you seal it with?

• Patty Applehans

I am going to have to try this - it is like having 2 paintings in one!! Just love the glow in the dark idea!!!!!!!

• Graeme Abbott

yes, i will try this, as i do resin art paintings