Wine Bottle Tiki Torches

$18

With summer comes bugs, and more annoyingly, mosquitos! Thankfully, this summer I will have these nice tiki torches for my outdoor table when my husband and I entertain guests.

First step, you'll want to fill your wine bottle with marbles or rocks. *Note: If you don't have any blank wine bottles around, simple take an empty wine bottle, soak it in hot soapy water, peel the labels off, then take a Brillo or SOS pad and remove the remaining adhesive.
Next, pour your tiki torch fuel into your wine bottle. You don't have to use a funnel but I did in order to avoid spillage.
After your bottle is full (right about to where the bottle curves into the neck), take your teflon tape and wrap it around the wide end of your copper coupling (1/2"x3/8"). I chose a wine bottle that had a wine opening so I wrapped the tape and kept fitting it in the mouth of the bottle until it was snug.
Next, slide your wick into the coupling.
Then, place your wick into the bottle, ensuring that the coupling fits snuggly.
The next step is optional but I wanted to give my tiki torch a little more stability so I adhered it to a 4" Terra Cotta saucer.
Simply apply a strong adhesive such as E6000 to the saucer, then place your wine bottle on the saucer and let it sit to dry.
Since I live very close to the beach, I decided to add a little leftover jute rope I had handy as well as a seashell, using E6000 adhesive. Dress up your bottle however you'd like and enjoy a night outside with less bites! *Note: use the 1/2" copper cap to place over your coupling when your torch isn't being used.

1/2"x3/8" copper coupling

31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving