Wine Bottle Tiki Torches

$18

With summer comes bugs, and more annoyingly, mosquitos! Thankfully, this summer I will have these nice tiki torches for my outdoor table when my husband and I entertain guests.
wine bottle tiki torches
wine bottle tiki torches

wine bottle tiki torches
First step, you'll want to fill your wine bottle with marbles or rocks. *Note: If you don't have any blank wine bottles around, simple take an empty wine bottle, soak it in hot soapy water, peel the labels off, then take a Brillo or SOS pad and remove the remaining adhesive.
wine bottle tiki torches
Next, pour your tiki torch fuel into your wine bottle. You don't have to use a funnel but I did in order to avoid spillage.
wine bottle tiki torches
After your bottle is full (right about to where the bottle curves into the neck), take your teflon tape and wrap it around the wide end of your copper coupling (1/2"x3/8"). I chose a wine bottle that had a wine opening so I wrapped the tape and kept fitting it in the mouth of the bottle until it was snug.
wine bottle tiki torches
Next, slide your wick into the coupling.
wine bottle tiki torches
Then, place your wick into the bottle, ensuring that the coupling fits snuggly.
wine bottle tiki torches
The next step is optional but I wanted to give my tiki torch a little more stability so I adhered it to a 4" Terra Cotta saucer.
wine bottle tiki torches
Simply apply a strong adhesive such as E6000 to the saucer, then place your wine bottle on the saucer and let it sit to dry.
wine bottle tiki torches
Since I live very close to the beach, I decided to add a little leftover jute rope I had handy as well as a seashell, using E6000 adhesive. Dress up your bottle however you'd like and enjoy a night outside with less bites! *Note: use the 1/2" copper cap to place over your coupling when your torch isn't being used.