Wine Bottle Tiki Torches

$18

With summer comes bugs, and more annoyingly, mosquitos! Thankfully, this summer I will have these nice tiki torches for my outdoor table when my husband and I entertain guests.

First step, you'll want to fill your wine bottle with marbles or rocks. *Note: If you don't have any blank wine bottles around, simple take an empty wine bottle, soak it in hot soapy water, peel the labels off, then take a Brillo or SOS pad and remove the remaining adhesive.
Next, pour your tiki torch fuel into your wine bottle. You don't have to use a funnel but I did in order to avoid spillage.
After your bottle is full (right about to where the bottle curves into the neck), take your teflon tape and wrap it around the wide end of your copper coupling (1/2"x3/8"). I chose a wine bottle that had a wine opening so I wrapped the tape and kept fitting it in the mouth of the bottle until it was snug.
Next, slide your wick into the coupling.
Then, place your wick into the bottle, ensuring that the coupling fits snuggly.
The next step is optional but I wanted to give my tiki torch a little more stability so I adhered it to a 4" Terra Cotta saucer.
Simply apply a strong adhesive such as E6000 to the saucer, then place your wine bottle on the saucer and let it sit to dry.
Since I live very close to the beach, I decided to add a little leftover jute rope I had handy as well as a seashell, using E6000 adhesive. Dress up your bottle however you'd like and enjoy a night outside with less bites! *Note: use the 1/2" copper cap to place over your coupling when your torch isn't being used.

1/2"x3/8" copper coupling

15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space