Donna Shipley
Donna Shipley
  • Placerville, CA
Asked on Jun 23, 2013

What is It?

SharonGabriel SymonetteDonna Shipley
+14

Can you help me identify this hanging succulent type plant. I have lost it's name. Sure appreciate the help!!!
Succulent leaves, wiry stems, bell shaped orange flowers about 1.5 inches long. a ball of plantlets form after flowering.
  • Rita C. - Panoply

Chandelier plant (kalanchoe)?

• Donna Shipley

Thank you so much... it was driving me crazy trying to remember!!!

• Aida Mendivil

I love this plant, I have not seen one like this.

• Sharon

So pretty... wish you could mail me a cutting...oh,well...

• Donna Shipley

Aida & Sharon... If you want to email an address to send them to... It is loaded with little plantlets right now and I'd be happy try to figure out a good way to ship you some. Email to DonnaRichie46@hotmail.com, also if you have ideas for a safe way to ship, please share.

• Sue Kiene

I know this post was from a couple of years ago and you may not even have the plant any more. If you do I would love to have a start as well. It is beautiful

• Dalila Garay

How about seeds?

• Dalila Garay

Since it it a cactus, probably use one of those shipping small envelopes and place a moist peace of paper towel inside. Probably will not need much more.If I send you a prepaid one, would you send me some please?

• Donna Shipley

Dalila... I'd be happy to send you some too. I've never seen seeds on it. When each flower is spent it forms a ball of plantlets about a 1/2" in diameter. Last year I let some fall into a pot and one of them took root and grew. Had I been more attentive I'm pretty I could have gotten several plants from just one ball.

• Jamie McGaffick

Fushcia plant

• Donna Shipley

I'm sure that it is Kalanchoe... came right back to me when I saw it written here in Rita's post, but thanks anyway!

• Marilyn

I looked up chandalier plant and they had the same flowers but none looked like this plant. Where do they grow?

• Tammi Cordell

I love it. Have never seen one before. Thanks for sharing.

• Donna Shipley

Marilyn, I got this plant when my step-mother had to move into a nursing home and knew nothing about it when it came to me, I still know very little but here is what I found on Wikipedia... "Kalanchoe /ˌkæləŋˈkoʊ.iː/,[1] also written Kalanchöe or Kalanchoë, is a genus of about 125 species of tropical, succulent flowering plants in the family Crassulaceae, mainly native to the Old World but with a few species now growing wild in the New World following introduction of the species." There is a lot more I just copied the first paragraph.

• Gabriel Symonette

we have a variety of hanging flowers here in the bahamas different shapes and colours we call them trumpet bells

• Sharon

ooo Ms Donna I would LOVE to get a piece...I will google how to ship tom... who knows,might even be ides on hometalk...will post here or email asap,ya'll...THANKS!

• Sharon

Tee hee,I should have thought before I posted/asked about shipping a plant~ ask Douglas Hunt! I looked around at past questions and he has info out there... Maybe he'll answer tomorrow... Night all....