Linda A
Linda A
  • Plattekill, NY

What kind of paint can I use to apply to Terra Cotta flower pots? I want to paint and decorate some and put them outside

Susan ZieglerBetsy WilsonLeona P
+8

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

You can buy latex porch and floor paint in quarts. It works great with no priming. Chas.

• Dorene H

i have used regular craft paints before

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

Any kind of latex will do, the exterior ones will just last longer outside.

• Linda A

Thank you for all the info. Will get some.

• Leona P

I just use Acrylics on mine, but would like to try the latex. Love painting terra cotta!

q what kind of paint can i use to apply to terra cotta flower pots i want to paint and, flowers, gardening, painting, Cactus on terra cotta This pic was taken before the sealer was put on Sealer realy makes the color of the terra cotta popq what kind of paint can i use to apply to terra cotta flower pots i want to paint and, flowers, gardening, painting
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.

Leona, acrylic and latex are virtually the same thing.

• Linda T

Go to the craft store and pick up any acrylic paint or they have paint specially made for that. I paint a lot of terra cotta flower pots an all I use is the acrylic paint.

• Leona P

Thanks! Have a few projects to start soon with terra cotta.

• Betsy Wilson

I hv used acrylic, but intend to seal them.....next time I will spray paint. Sealing is the key, although I hv not sealed before painting......using a matte seal for my project.

• Kelleysdiy

@Betsy Wilson That's so smart to apply a seal. I do that with my terra cotta pots. They will eventually erode if not sealed especially if they come in constant contact with water.

• Susan Ziegler

I use pruning sealer spray on the inside and spray latex paint on the outside. Of course that seals them completely so the point of terra cotta being porous is wasted. I like to paint my pots white. It's a good look and the same color is not so cluttery for me since I have so many scattered around inside and out..