Asked on Jun 23, 2013

I have noticed a section on my front porch rotted, sort of breaking down

NoemiWoodbridge Environmental


into mulch. I wonder if there is something I can use to cover it up or
would I need a new floor? Thanks to anyone who can help on this.
2 answers
  • Noemi, that is water rot. You need to remove the damaged material. Also be prepared to find additional decay where the plywood is fastened to as well. If your going to replace with new plywood, be sure to purchase treated plywood, not just exterior grade. To help preserve this longer, you need to keep a good quality paint on the surface and particularly on the edge grains of the plywood. Moisture is easily wicked up on the end grains causing it to decay even faster.

  • Noemi
    on Jun 24, 2013

    Thank you so much for your response. It helps me to understand why it got that way. Thank you. :)

Your comment...