Goodwill Coffee Table

I love going into the Goodwill or Bible for missions and seeing what I can find to give it a new look. Sometimes you can walk through and see nothing, but this one morning I went in and found this coffee table for $15. I wasn't looking for my own personal use it was to refinish it and sell it. I liked the price and I also liked that it was solid wood.
It was in pretty rough shape when I found it.
I started with sanding the top with my palm sander right down to the bare wood .
I applied 3 coats of Dark walnut stain and then I applied in a "satin finish" a clear coat to protect the top of table.
The top turned out really nice with that Dark stain.
I painted the bottom in my homemade Chalk paint in " Cottage White" with 2 coats.
I sanded the paint until it was smooth and I then distressed it along the edges and then I waxed it, and wiped it off. It feels really smooth, the chalky touch leaves after this process.
So a old table turned into a Cottage Style table ! More details on the blog!

Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall

To see more: http://lookingforpotential.com