DIY Mud Cloth Lamp

One of the biggest trends now is the use of globally inspired decor. Well, you don't need to buy brand new accents, just give your existing decor a makeover like this DIY Mud Cloth Lamp! Looking for more globally inspired decor? Check out my website here.
I had two of these dark bronze lamps already purchased from Target. It's best to start with a dark colored lamp for this project, but you are not limited to that color combination. You can also spray paint any lamp a semi-gloss black.
The best option for painting the mud cloth pattern is to use paint pens. I used Sharpie paint pens which you can purchase for a great price through Amazon.
Have fun creating your own tribal pattern. The best part of this project is that you CAN NOT MESS UP! Mud cloth is handmade and will have its imperfections. So, have fun with it!
If you are stuck for a pattern, reference a mud cloth image from Google.
Do as much or as little of the mud cloth pattern on your lamp. I decided to leave a good portion of my lamp free of pattern since I tend to bring in a lot of pattern in my decor. Don't want to overstimulate my family, haha.
Replace your shade and add to your room! I'm loving how my lamp looks in my family room. I'll be sharing more of my family room for my Summer home tour on June 3rd. Be sure to visit my blog and subscribe to get insider decorating tips, project tutorials, and more!

• Sharpie Paint Pens
  • Lamps

3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Stephanie @ Casa Watkins Living

• Den27990921

What a fabulous idea! You could use all sorts of colors in your house, i.e., a girls bedroom spray painting pink, using purple Sharpie markings. Thanks for the the fun tip!

• Gilmer Gal

I'm a huge fan of mud cloth and I'm loving this lamp!!!!