Garden, Mulch Beds, Mulch Washing Away, Drainage Solution for Patio

$15000
2 Weeks
Advanced

We had a patio installed last year on the back of my house to replace the old deck, and connected it to my old patio around the pool. One thing the installer should have advised (he did build what I wanted), but he should have mentioned water run-off. when it rained hard, the mulch would wash out of the bed between the two patios. So I installed metal edging, added gravel. Two hard rains, and no mulch moved. The only water in the bed has to fall directly on it, so it is doing great. I like the metal edging, very easy to install, looks better than the vinyl rolls, I started with that, but ripped it out and returned it, as it looks so bad, plus it would not be strong enough to hold up the gravel/rocks. Plus a added photo of my front garden for others to get ideas, still need to work on the front garden to the right of the steps though, but it's getting there.

Before: the First Garden attemp. Mulch would wash away.
After: added metal edging and rocks to keep mulch from washing away.
After: another view
After: another view again
view from other side of pool.
Pic of front garden area, so far...

Past Summer pic

another past summer pic

and another past summer pic

added a roof over patio finally. I had a builder do this part.

2x6 T&G, with white solid stain for roof sheathing. 2ftx4ft skylights. Still need to add ceiling fans.

Need to re-do my garden now; got all tore up due to installing the post footings.

• 2x6 T&G  (Saunders Lumber-Suffolk VA)
  • Velux skylights

18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home

• Renee
    Renee

I went to Home Depot they had no clue, I found the plastic. But nothing metal. I even asked for facia flashing. No help. What's it called? It sounds like you used materials from gutters, am I correct?

• Clay B
    Clay B

The plants all grown up!

• Deanna
    Deanna

How deep did you make the hole for the stones? Did you put landscape fabric down before adding the stones? Thanks