What Planters Have You Made?

+53
Have you DIY'd a cool planter for you garden or home? Share a pic of it in the comments below! It's planter season and we can't wait to see yours!
q what planters have you made
  • Pat4432314 Pat4432314 on Jun 06, 2016
    Think they forgot to write about this one! Lol
  • Jacqui Robinson Jacqui Robinson on Jun 06, 2016
    ??????
  • Tammy Tammy on Jun 06, 2016
    They are asking if any one has cool planter ideas with pictures!
  • Carlene Carlene on Jun 06, 2016
    ??
  • Julie Bateman Julie Bateman on Jun 06, 2016
    What???
  • Sue Sue on Jun 06, 2016
    read the subject -and the content - they want to see what readers have done with planters - that's all :)
  • Lelia Swain Lelia Swain on Jun 06, 2016
    Some gardeners would pay big bucks for these clay pots! That aged look is something you cannot buy!
    • Karen Ophoff Karen Ophoff on Jun 06, 2016
      I would take the "before" pots any day. I can't understand why people want to make pots that clash with/detract from the plants in them.
  • Birdz of a Feather Birdz of a Feather on Jun 06, 2016
    I wrote a post on Hometalk with a few creative planter ideas for the garden here: http://www.hometalk.com/14744799/creative-planter-ideas-for-the-garden My favourite project was the chair planter pictured below. I cut out the middle out of a rusty old chair with a rotary tool, then painted the metal white. I planted a hypertufa planter with succulents which was then set into the 'seat'. It nestles in right beside our rock garden.
  • Jak2170614 Jak2170614 on Jun 06, 2016
    Thought you were going to show us some ideas......bummer
    • Monica Monica on Jun 06, 2016
      @Jake5boys Have you DIY'd a cool planter for you garden or home? Share a pic of it in the comments below! It's planter season and we can't wait to see yours! Re-read the title!
  • Deborah Homsher Igo Deborah Homsher Igo on Jun 06, 2016
    This is silly nothing is showing on what was done with the Pots? Thought this was to be instructional.
  • Fred Hinesley Sr. Fred Hinesley Sr. on Jun 06, 2016
    5 gallon buckets, peppers out the top, tomatoes out the bottom. Also, duel buckets for container gardening.
  • The5250131 The5250131 on Jun 06, 2016
    nice buttons on the dress while holding an old pot
    • See 1 previous
    • Dee Dee on Jun 06, 2016
      Not sure where the confusion lies, but I think it was pretty clear to most of us what this post was about! I've learned to read an entire post before I question or comment. I usually read all the comments, too, as the question is usually answered already. It makes life a little easier for the posters, I think. Just saying.
  • Hey all, sorry if this post confused you! We just wanted to know what you've done - we want to see YOUR pictures. Got any cool planters to share?
  • Jjarnett Jjarnett on Jun 06, 2016
    Da! This post is a request for anyone to show off their great planter ideas! jake , Fred certainly got it!
  • Monica Monica on Jun 06, 2016
    Re-read the title people: "Have you DIY'd a cool planter for you garden or home? Share a pic of it in the comments below! It's planter season and we can't wait to see yours!"
  • Fou6698062 Fou6698062 on Jun 06, 2016
    I made this flowerbox out of old wood fencing. There is a plastic liner inside and I used vintage shelf supports to hold it onto the rail.
  • Tina Tina on Jun 06, 2016
    I have seen lighthouses made from clay pots, people, fairy homes and any number or really cool things, so check out DIY websites and pinterest
  • Carolyn Carolyn on Jun 06, 2016
    I planted my pots and then "mulched" all with my collection of fossils, rocks, shells and did a few with the dollar store marbles. Keeps the dirt from splashing out when it rains. Didn't decorate the pots, but thought I'd share the mulching idea with you.
  • Marya149 Marya149 on Jun 06, 2016
    Here is our potato Bin that contains many ~ 18 potato plants; 2nd yr growing these--made with wire mesh--tied together on the side-chicken mesh; weed control for moisture retention on inside edge; dried leaves with soil added around outer edge to retain moisture... Snip smaller hole where potato is to be planted--only spout needs to come through hole... Mary Anne
  • Marya149 Marya149 on Jun 06, 2016
    Our hanging strawberries; which get buried in garden in the winter..... with ground cover over top... Mary Anne
  • Audrey Trubshaw Audrey Trubshaw on Jun 06, 2016
    Here's a lighthouse I made with a clay pot, a terracotta wine cooler and a Christmas lantern, with a tealight inside.
  • Dot D Collett Dot D Collett on Jun 06, 2016
    Dressing up old flower pots: the flowers do it! Simple stacked pots ( 3 sizes) with wine rack and bottles on top. Rebar (4) through the holes of the pots connect all together. Petunias cover the pots in 2 to 3 weeks.
  • Gail@Purple Hues and Me Gail@Purple Hues and Me on Jun 06, 2016
    Love my girl clay pot planter!
  • Diana Wearing Diana Wearing on Jun 06, 2016
    Turned an old floor lamp into a planter ~ love it!
  • Carole Harland Carole Harland on Jun 06, 2016
    Students in my class made these succulent planters for Mother's Day.
  • Peggy Nielsen Coonfer Peggy Nielsen Coonfer on Jun 07, 2016
    Stacked pots
  • Debbie Quested Debbie Quested on Jun 07, 2016
    Cemented all my old pots, urns and saucers together, then mosaiced over it all.
  • Galvanized metal boot planted up with million bell petunias and lobellia for a colourful spot on the patio.
  • Dot D Collett Dot D Collett on Jun 07, 2016
    My favorite this year are the stacked pots topped by a wine rack and blue bottles.
  • Acr3698505 Acr3698505 on Jun 08, 2016
    Cleaned some old pots, then painted and varnished them. The aqua planter is not my handiwork.
    • Sandra K Salisbury Sandra K Salisbury on Jun 13, 2016
      I really like the clever designs on your pots! Will the varnish on the pots seal them and allow them to crack in the winter?
  • Acr3698505 Acr3698505 on Jun 08, 2016
    Also...did a makeover on my weathered, old bird feeder....
  • Cassie Strickland Cassie Strickland on Jun 08, 2016
    My planter
    • See 2 previous
    • Patty Neville Patty Neville on Jun 26, 2016
      Very nice, you did a great job.
  • Smk1442994 Smk1442994 on Jun 10, 2016
    It's not about what she did with these pots that are shown. She just wants viewers to show & share what they have done with old pots like these.