Donna
Donna
  • Lees Summit, MO
Asked on Jun 24, 2013

How do you clean the inside of a dishwasher.

KMS WoodworksHelenTracey Johnson
+4

Used cheap dishwashing soap and inside has a film on it. How do I get that off?
  • Margotrice

Try a white vinegar rinse. Dump 1 cup of white vinegar in the rinse cycle. Vinegar is great for dishwashers, HE machine washers, glass, and more. To keep things clean do it once a month. White vinegar is one of the cheapest cleaning products ever and it works!

• We run an empty cycle with bleach to sanitize the dishwasher for a few realtors we work for during move-in cleanings and it works great. As Margotrice said white vinegar also works very well and we use that for quite a few of our residential customers

• Sew188202

PUT 1 CUP VINEGAR IN YOUR DISHWASHER AND RUN A CYCLE THROUGH.

• Sew188202

EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE, I PUT A CUP OF VINEGAR IN ADDITION TO MY DISHWASHER SOAP AND IT HELPS MAINTAIN THE SHAPE AND SMELL OF THE INSIDEL

• Tracey Johnson

On the subject of cleaning a dishwasher....I recently moved in and the apparently the last homeowner had spilled molasses inside as she used it to store stuff. Any ideas on how to remove that???

• Helen

Our daughter used a package of Kool-Aid sprinkled in the dishwasher...ran it and wow, the dishwasher was clean.... Now I know why I never gave my kids Kool-Aid.

• KMS Woodworks

@Tracey Johnson not sure why anyone would "store" stuff in a dishwasher..damp sealed environment is just the perfect culture for mold etc. You could pour some boiling hot water on the molasses spill, this may take a few applications but it should dissolve with enough water.