Kelleysdiy
Kelleysdiy
  • Palm Springs, CA

Watermelon Pot

Summers almost here....and I'm getting excited to create something different. This is what I started out with...a little terra cotta pot.
watermelon pot, container gardening, crafts, gardening
I used Rust oleum Clear Coat to seal the pot. It had never been used. Tip: If it's used, you need to clean with bleach and water, rinse, and let sit in the sun to completely dry through the pot.
When it was dry with the Clear Coat, I sprayed with White. This was just to make the color I was using pop!
After that I covered the rim and painted the rest red.....after the red dried, I painted the rim green with acrylic paint.
I then took a black permanent marker and made little seeds. When it was dry, I painted lightly over the seeds with red acrylic paint. I know, your thinking I'm going in circles...could be....I create as I go. I just wanted to give it more depth and " looks like there are seeds just under where we can barely see it". Like shadows.
I painted the inside red as seen above, Gave it a coat of Clear Coat Spray. I've had this red n white checkerboard pattern, it looks like summer picnics and barbecues......and I love daisies!
So what do you think? Be sure to check out more at: https://kelleysdiy.com/

• Terra cotta pot
  • Red and Green Paint
  • Black Perm. Marker
Kelleysdiy