DIY Leather Mandle for Father's Day

Learn how to make this leather scented mandle DIY for Dad as a Father's day gift! This leather mandle DIY is quick and easy and can be made and gifted in the same afternoon. What's a mandle? Why, a man candle of course! Here's how to make yours.
diy leather mandle for father s day, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
Using a digital scale, weigh out the soy wax into the glass Pyrex measuring cup. Heat in the microwave at 50-60% power until the wax melts. (Alternately you can melt the wax in a double boiler.)
Now prepare your wood wick. Measure the height needed and cut the wick to fit. (It's suggested that you double up the wood wicks when making candles using 100% soy wax for a better burn.) Place the wood wick(s) in the molten wax for ten minutes.
Remove the wick(s) from the wax and place into a metal anchor. Dip the anchor into the wax and then place the wick in the center of your candle jar.
Continue to allow the melted wax to cool. When it starts to become cloudy, weigh out the fragrance oil and stir it into the melted wax.
Now pour the wax into the candle jar and allow it to cool and harden completely. Don't burn for at least 24 hours.
Now add your choice of the wild west three dimensional stickers to the outside of your candle jar and it's ready for gifting!
Ready to burn your candle? Be sure to cut the wick(s) to a quarter inch before lighting.
Remember to never leave the candle unattended and don't forget to blow it out when you're done burning your new mandle!
For even more Father's Day gift ideas, be sure to check out my blog post with 50 Father's Day gifts you can buy or DIY here. Or follow my Father's Day gift ideas board on Pinterest here.
For easy links to suppliers for this leather mandle DIY and other Father's day gift ideas, visit the link below to view the original post on my blog, Soap Deli News.

• Soy candle wax
  • Medium wooden wicks
  • Leather fragrance oil
Rebecca D. Dillon

• Hannah V

Dying over the term "mandle"- I love this idea!

• Rebecca D. Dillon

@Hannah V I certainly didn't coin the term but it does make these candles seem a little more masculine and a lot more fun.