Transforming Vintage Furniture That is Both Stained and Painted

I hand-paint furniture as a small home-based business. I'm very lucky to have a 950 sq. ft. art studio and a supportive husband. After almost two years of transforming vintage furniture I have finally discovered and now embrace my own personal painting style. I adore the look of a piece of vintage furniture that boosts both natural wood and colorful paint. The yummy contrast of the color and wood just makes that piece very special for me. I love the quality this contrast presents and its always a challenge to plan which section of the piece to stain and finish. Sometimes I stain the top, sometimes the drawers and sometime the frame. Each piece is unique. You can find my work on my blog or pictures on my Facebook page.
This dresser features CeCe Caldwell's Michigan Pine chalk paint and dark walnut stain. The entire piece is sealed using Annie Sloan wax.
This dresser (tilt mirror not shown in this image) was my first attempt at using milk paint. This paint  is sealed using MMM hemp oil.
This dresser (tilt mirror not shown in this image) was my first attempt at using milk paint. This paint is sealed using MMM hemp oil.
This vintage mirror boosts dark stain on the carved top and chalk paint filling in the rest. Both finishes are hand waxed.
The turn of the century parlor table is finished and stained on its veneer top that contrasts beautifully with its chalk painted base.
This dresser is a bit more modern than most of my work. This chalk painted and maple wood stained storage unit sits in my family room and holds DVD, CD, off season pillows etc.

To see more: http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com

• Annie Peacock

So pretty! I am having a hard time finding chalk paint in stores. I live in MI too. Where do you get CeCe Caldwells Chalk paint?

• White Oak Studio Designs

Grand Rapids or Holland Area. Do a Google search. Many order their through the mail. Schizzle Design ships, Goggle them too.