Sue Ortiz
Sue Ortiz
  • Panorama City, CA
Asked on Jun 25, 2013

How can I remove a laundry soap packet that's stuck to my shirt?

Diane BasileKMS WoodworksSue Ortiz
+2

After doing a load of laundry, I've found part of the laundry soap packet fused into one of my shirts. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know a way to remove the hardened packet from the fabric?
  • Marilyn Highley

"Laundry soap packet" - Is this one of the new "pods" that have become popular? I don't use them, so I'm not sure about this. Can you re-launder the shirt? Wouldn't that dissolve what is left of a packet? Or, are the packets hard to dissolve?

• Sue Ortiz

Yes, it's one of those"pods". It didn't dissolve all the way and apparently hardened when the shirt went in the dryer. This is the first time I've run into this problem.

• KMS Woodworks

I would try a hair dryer to "sofen" it up then scrap it off with a putty knife. I have only used liquid laundry soap for the last 15 years or so. I add it to the water as the washer fills, then rinse the cup in the flow. easy simple and effective.

• Diane Basile

I would call the manufacturer they usually have an 800 number on the package. They might have an answer to your question plus they'll probably give you a coupon for a free package. It could be a manufacturing defect or they might have run into it before.